Monday, April 10, 2017

MAN IN THE MIRROR

Fam,

Guilt and shame entered into my soul after I sent my weekly group email to you last week... Horrific images and memories filled my mind. In particular, my memory was brought to a letter that I received from my mom after I sent a similar group email over a year ago. Attached in the letter was my weekly email compared with three or four of my friends weekly emails. Disappointment filled the envelope as my mother lovingly rebuked me for my lack of effort put into my weekly email. As I pondered concerning the matter I realized that my priorities were misplaced and that I needed to "make that change" (-Michael Jackson) in my behaviors before they became too big of a problem.

Luckily for me, the principle that we learn in Ether 12:27 is true and works miracles! Our weaknesses can in fact be made strengths through the Lord! As you all are aware, my weekly email last week was in fact "weakness". I hope that through the Lord this weakness of mine will be made into a strength. I put a little bit more preparation into my weekly email this week in hopes that I won't receive another letter of disappointment from my beloved mom.

"Yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land (Baltimore), for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:12) Indeed, many mighty miracles we have witnessed this week.

We had zone training on Tuesday and that turned out to be a good meeting. The theme was on the church that Christ established while He was on earth, the great apostasy and the Restoration of Christ's church. If you haven't had the chance to historically study these events and the events that lead up to them, I encourage you to do so because they are fascinating! Studying for that definitely strengthened my testimony of it!

After zone training we had a money lesson with Justin and his god-brother Malik on the Law of Chastity. Let's just say that Justin was pretty bummed out about it because Prom with his girlfriend is coming up next month and he was looking forward to that (if you know what I mean). But he knew that he needs to follow God's commandments. By the time we came back for the next lesson he had already talked to his girlfriend and set the expectation that he was going to follow the Law of Chastity and that they weren't going to do anything until they get married, if they get married. Now his girlfriend is interested in learning more about the church. Let me remind you, he is 18 years old in his first year of college. I'm not sure about you, but I wouldn't have had the faith to do that if I was in his shoes! What a stud!

Last week we invited Sebastian to pray about a date that he could get baptized on and he set himself on date for this Saturday (the 15th). We're super pumped for him! We had an awesome lesson with him about temple work and he is stoked to get sealed in the temple with his family one day! This week we were able to find two new investigators, Cindy and Joseph, and we started teaching an old investigator named Ed again. Things are rolling here! 

Quote of the week: 
"Greg you're a stud!" "I'm not a stud, I'm just a senior!" ~Our investigator Greg

Have a good week!​​

-Elder Larson


Tihiseen

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment