Monday, June 19, 2017

GOODBYE PENNSYLVANIA:(:(

Hey squad!

This week was another good one, we received some sad news last night though:/ I thought that I'd be staying here in Fairview for my last transfer but we got call outs and found out that we are both getting transferred out of the area:/ I'm gonna be going back to Maryland in Columbia and Elder Jones is going to Lititz, PA. We were super sad to be leaving!! But I'm excited for what lies ahead, hopefully Columbia is as cool as Waynesboro, PA!!

This week we had the privilege of having Elder Nielson, who is the director over the missionary executive council (it's a pretty big deal) come to our mission to tour it. We had a conference with him and his wife on Thursday and it was awesome! It was down in Martinsburg, WV which was sweet because I got to drive through Hagerstown, my old stomping grounds. The Spirit was very strong in the meeting and I felt like I learned a ton from it! Afterwards I got to go on exchanges with Elder Eubanks into the Gettysburg area and that was a lot of fun. That night we were walking around talking to people and he dared me to give a Book of Mormon to this couple that was sitting outside. Challenge accepted!! We gave them a Book of Mormon and they said that we could come back the next day to teach them. So we went back the next day and picked them both up as investigators! Their names are Ron and Barb, good stuff!

While we were on exchanges Elder Jones picked up a new investigator with the elder that he was with, her name is Cinda! She is good friends with our investigator Nancy and they are both planning on coming to church this week. That in itself is a miracle because Nancy hasn't stepped foot in a church since 1994 when her daughter died. She had a falling away and kinda blamed God for it. But ever since she has started meeting with us she has felt super good about it and wants to be baptized! Too bad we are both getting transferred out so we won't get to be a part of the teaching here.

I hope y'all have a good week!! Get that cake!!!

-Elder Larson

My new address:

4700 Dorsey Hall Dr. Apt 102
Ellicott City, MD 21042


1-5. Fishing Round 2!





No comments:

Post a Comment