Monday, July 17, 2017

BACK TO THE PEAKE (CHESAPEAKE)

What's good!!

This week was solid! Monday night we got out and hit the pavement too hard!! It was super hot and humid and I was very sweaty!! But I don't think that y'all are here to read about my sweat so I'll leave that out from now on. Tuesday was a magical day! We drove out to the town that is desirable above all other towns (Essex)(that's not necessarily truth) and went to district meeting with the Elders from the Jones Falls ward. Afterwards we exchanged with the Baltimore zone leaders and I got to go with Elder Skarda to my home back in Chesapeake:):):) Baltimore has not changed since I left it! We saw a man run (on foot) from the cops and impressively got away. It was super cool to see a bunch of the people that I used to work with all the time! We stopped by a recent convert that I taught, Katrina, and had a solid lesson with her. Instead of us teaching her anything, she taught us the lesson this time! In church on Sunday she learned about the spirit of Elijah and temple and family history work so she taught us about how Elijah came to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers and the hearts of the fathers to their children and that's why we have genealogy and family history. So solid!!!! She's killing it! We shared a scripture with her after she taught us and she said (paraphrasing) "Dang, my friend needs to hear that. I'm gonna show my friend that scripture. Can you give me another Book of Mormon? This will be my 4th one I've given out!" That's what's up!!! I miss Chesapeake!! It was so good to be back there. Also we knocked on a less active lady's door, she hadn't been to church in 40 years, and she told us that she would be at church on Sunday! It's her time to come back! Money!

On Wednesday we got up at 4 in the morning so we could drive back out to Chesapeake to pick up the other set of elders in Chesapeake and a bunch of other sets of missionaries on the way so we could be out in Martinsburg, WV by 8! It was for the New Missionary Meeting and that was a ton of fun! Maybe this is just because older missionaries get worn out by the end of their missions, but it was so refreshing to be around all the new missionaries all day! They brought so much hype it was so sick!!! They are all super solid! That meeting went until 4 and we got to instruct and help out with a bunch of that meeting. Afterwards on the way back home we stopped in at the beloved Cafe Rio for some dinner. That's a good day! Hopefully I will have pictures from it to send to you next week.

On Friday we drove out to Woodstock, VA and went on exchanges with the elders there. I went with Elder Petersen and he was in my math class in high school:) Haha he's a stud!!! We had a lot of fun and got to talk to a bunch of people! We also got to see blood stains that were spilled all over the carpet/wall in a sketchy apartment complex, I will not send you the pictures because that is not edifying! We finished off the week by driving up to Lancaster, PA to deliver some goods to the missionaries up there. We were in 4 states this week! #EastCoast

Have a good week!!

-Elder Larson



Elder Petersen & closest thing to mountains out here #VirginiaSwag

Bridge Life

Hammock Life

No comments:

Post a Comment