Monday, June 13, 2016

WALKERSVILLE!!!

What's up guys??

This week was so crazy! First of all, I said goodbye to Glen Burnie:/ and was transferred to Walkersville, MD on Wednesday! My new companion is Elder Chester from Oklahoma and came out a transfer before me, he's a stud! The work is definitely a lot slower out here so we've got a bunch of work to do!! The area is a lot more rural than Glen Burnie was but there are still a few ghetto neighborhoods (thank goodness). The ward is awesome here! I've been fed every single day so far and I think I've already eaten with members here more than I did in Glen Burnie the 3 months that I was there haha! We share the car with the sisters, so half of the time we are biking and walking so I shouldn't get too fat!

This week may have been one of the most stressful weeks on my mission though haha... So on Tuesday I had district meeting all planned out, Elder Boyde was going to instruct, and we had a bunch of appointments after it and we were going to go say goodbye to a bunch of our investigators because it was my last day and everything was going to work out great! But sometimes your faith has to be tested haha.. Elder Boyde has been off and on sick with some sort of cold the whole transfer and of course it decided to kick in on the best day! Basically he was too sick to instruct or even go to district meeting or get out and do any missionary work so we had to do another crazy exchange with the other Glen Burnie elders and myself so Elder Boyde could rest. Also I had to fill in for Elder Boyde on his instruction with only last minute preparation. We were gonna go drop Elder Boyde off at the other elders apartment and one of them would come with me to district meeting while the other stayed with Elder Boyde, so we pulled up to their apartment already rushed on time and they weren't answering their phone!! Turns out they just barely woke up!! So I took Elder Boyde in and one of them ran out while throwing his clothes and tie and we still had to go pick up the zone leaders. Somehow amazingly we made it to the church just in time for district meeting. Miracle! And my last minute instruction actually went pretty well too. Then the rest of the day we were running from appointment to appointment for both us and the other GB elders. At about 8:30 at night we ended up taking Elder Boyde to urgent care to figure out what was wrong with him, but they couldn't find anything wrong, they just said it was probably a bug or something. Then we got back at almost 10 and I haven't even started packing yet and I leave the next morning! Haha such a fun day!!

To end the week on a good note, we found a new investigator who is way solid! Sunday night we had an appointment with a potential named Howard and we had a money lesson with him! He accepted baptism and loves the Restoration! Hopefully this week we will be able to pick up a bunch more investigators just like him!

I hope y'all have a fantastic week!!

Also my new address is:

7994 Windsail Ct.
Frederick, MD 21701

HMU;)

-Elder Larson


Goodbye district:(

Ward crab out/BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment