Monday, May 2, 2016

FREE COUCH!!

What's up guys???

We had a great week this week! I had to say goodbye to Elder Burtenshaw which was a bummer because he is my boy!! That was by far the fastest transfer of my mission so far even though it was a 7 week transfer! But it's all good because I got Elder Boyde and he is a stud too! He is from Olympia, Washington and he came out the transfer after me. As soon as we picked him up we got back to work! It was funny he's not used to this type of an area (the hood) so I had to teach him some of the ways!!

This week was wild though!! We had an appointment up by Brooklyn which is super far away from our apartment so we had to get a ride from the other elders to it because they had the car. After the appointment we called them to come pick us up so they could take us home (it was 8:45 at night by the way) and they got in a car accident!! Dang!!! So we had to hop on the bus which took us kinda back to our house but not really and we had to pretty much run 2 miles back to our apartment to make it inside by 9:30! Overall this week we have probably walked like 40 miles, not having a car stinks!!! And Elder Boyde left his bike in his last area so we can't use those either! Believe it or not we actually had a super good week though, we picked up 3 new investigators and taught 12 lessons!

Our apartment has the absolute minimum amount of things that you need to survive, we have 3 folding tables for our study room and then 3 cheap folding chairs, and other than that it was empty. I always thought it would be nice to have a couch or something in there but I didn't get my hopes up. Then one day while we were walking we found a nice leather couch that somebody put out by the dumpster. Of course we were cautious about the situation because it could have bed bugs or something else that is sketchy, so we prayed about it, and carried it 250 yards home!!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!! So far we haven't had anything attack us in our sleep so I think we are good!!!! #SuperStoked!!!!

Anyways I hope y'all have a good week!!

-Elder Larson


 
The Dream District

Bye Elder Burtenshaw:/
Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment